Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael who?

This week two American icons passed away. I am not talking about GM and the national economy but I wish more people would. Did you know that Barry said after the 'Great American Bailout Bill' was passed job losses would stop and unemployment would not go over 8%. Look and see what the average unemployment rate for the nation is now, I dare you. It's a good reason why you shouldn't make statements you have no chance of guaranteeing.

Anyway, the two icons I am talking about are, of course, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

Farrah died from the cancer she had been trying to fight since 2006 and Michael died from an apparent heart attack. She was 62 and he was 50.

The sad thing is all this is that the difference in coverage these two have received since their untimely deaths occurred. While there is no denying Michael Jackson's status as the 'King of Pop' and his level of popularity, we should also remember that in her day Farrah Fawcett was one of the hottest tickets around. She posed for a picture that was made into a poster in 1976. That poster is the best selling pin-up poster ever. There were over 12 million copies of that poster sold and there aren't too many men of multiple generations that can't remember it. I think it's safe to say that hundreds of thousands of young men rubbed one out many a time staring at that poster and thinking about dumping a load on poor Farrah's face.

Michael Jackson on the other hand most likely rubbed one out many a time thinking about dumping a load on the faces of hundreds of thousands of young men.

I am saddened that while the 'King of Pop' is being glorified in death, Farrah Fawcett's dying was pushed aside like yesterdays old news. I am saddened because Michael Jackson was a pedophile and like O.J., he walked without being punished for his crimes. I am saddened because the world was not disgusted with him like they should have been and they still regarded him as the likable young man he once seemed to be. I don't want to wish anyone to die but I am glad that Michael Jackson won't be chasing small boys again. 'King of Pop'! Ugh, more like King of Popping One in Your Mouth.' Fucking pederast!

Dennis Leary once said that someone should have put a bullet in Elvis' brain when he was at the top of his game because then people would remember Elvis in a good way. I think the same thing can be said of Michael Jackson. Someone should have put him down sometime between the 'Thriller' album and 'Bad'. In other words after the nose job but before the dent in the chin surgery. Michael could have gone out in a blaze of glory and been remembered in the most loving of ways if he had burned up when his hair caught fire during the Pepsi commercial in 1984.

So, Farrah Fawcett is dead and Michael Jackson gets all the media coverage. I wish more people would stand up and remind us all that despite his musical greatness, he was still a child molester and one weird mother fucker to boot.

That whole family is fucked up if you think about it.

Farrah, thank you for the memories, your smile, that awesome hair, and thumb-sized nipples, which will not soon be forgotten.

Michael, I'm glad your dead. 'Beat it'.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure we are related? Who are your parents? Did the same two people raise us?? Your blog has made it so apparent to me how differently we think. For starters... you think and care a lot more about what is going on around you than I do. I guess I like to live in my own naive little world and give all people the benefit of the doubt. Michael Jackson in an icon and I don't believe for one second that he molested children... and I also think your pal Barry is the next best thing to sliced bread. But... I'll be the first to admit that I don't actually follow any of what they are doing or saying... and yes... that makes me one of those ignorant, uninformed voters! And on top of that - I'd like to buy the world a coke!!! Love ya bro - keep writing - it certainly makes me think - one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think O.J. did it or not? Why? You should watch the special with Martin Bashir called 'Living with Michael'. That was even more of an eye opener into the craziness that had invaded Jackson's mind. Did you know he started the rumors of buying The Elephant Man's remains and the media calling him Wacko Jacko? Excellent show with very relevant points I think. Thank you for reading and commenting sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And.. I 'think' i have seen the special that you are referring to. and i would have to admit that i may have believed it at the time. but you see - the real problem here is that i am a gemini - i can believe anything and everything and there is always two sides to every story! so... as time passes... and my junior high idol passes away... i am left believing that there is no way he was capable of such a horrible thing. like i said - naive! now... would you like a coke?? i do think he michael is wacko... and i also believe he was tormented... but a child molester - really?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. errrrrrrrrr - it cut off the beg.of my post
    i had written that it was too funny that you asked that question because i knew you were going to! and... that perhaps i know you better than i think i do!
    yes - i do think OJ did it!

    ReplyDelete