Monday, June 22, 2009

The Fly

I have never claimed to be on top of the fashion world both in the sense of how I dress or how much a I could give a fuck, but I have a questions for all you out there. Take a look at these pictures, see what they have in common and then join me below.


When did we get back to the late seventies and early eighties Mr. Peabody? Holy shit what is it with the bug-eye sunglasses and celebrities? This one kind of took off for a summer or two in the mainstream consumer world but the celebrities are still wearing them.

Am I fucked in the head or do these people look like assholes? I know they do but I can't be alone in the knowledge can I?

I thought I might me tackling an out of date subject but the picture on the bottom is from this week and is Tori Spelling on Vacation in Hawaii with her family. I don't have a problem with Miss Spelling but man I can't get my head around those fucking sun glasses that she managed to get around her head. God, all I can think of are those giant joke sunglasses a lot of people had when they were kids. I seriously think that if some celebrity (the more worthless the person, the better) were to start wearing a those big honkers out in public and play it off as serious fashion, the paparazzi would suck it up. I can almost see Paris Hilton wearing something like that now and why shouldn't she? She certainly has the nose to hold any pair of sunglasses up and hey, the less I see of her ugly horse face the better.

These idiots are just like the emperor in 'The Emperor's New Clothes'. They have no one to tell them they look like shit because anyone close enough to be able to is scared of getting kicked off the money train. The rags and shows that cover celebrities won't tell them because that is what their whole base is and they would risk losing the 'valuable' coverage they are able to get now. I wish that the same number of people who pay attention to what number kid Madonna is now adopting from some third world shit hole so she can have it raised in her first world shit hole would pay attention to current events and politics in general. I don't care what side of the political aisle you fall on, you should be damned scared for the future of this country when people care more about shit like American Idle and Big Brother and all the other bullshit 'me'ality shows than what is going on in the world around them. Idiots. I wish it were possible for me to show the disdain I have for those people in mere written form. I'm talking about all those people that make completely uninformed choices in the voting booth simply because they are old enough to vote and they have a chance to make changes.

I'm back off the soap box now. I do think that bug eye sunglasses do serve a purpose in certain cases. When J.F.K. was murdered Jackie O. wore the big dark glasses and it gave her a measure of privacy despite the whole world focused in on her during what was the beginning of a lot of pain. Recently, when Chris Brown beat the living shit of of Rihanna, the big glasses came in pretty handy to hide his handiwork. I won't even get started on what a prick he is, but whatever. The woman who can't control the fists of her man and doesn't have the balls to get out of the relationship before he starts pounding her is no better than the man who does it. I have much sympathy toward the abused population but only as long as they don't keep taking it again and again. The syndrome of abuse is more powerful than a lot of drugs so I should take a softer stance on that I suppose. When you have seen someone who is being treated poorly and they stay there just the same it is quite something to convince them to get out.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what fashion trend Hollywood starts next and from what decade will it come? We've seen bell bottoms come back and now the big sunglasses are here, what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment