Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm back! Whoopity Doo right?

Wow, it's been a while huh? What happened? Nothing much, just work and vacation and we finally got a stretch of weather that didn't involve rain 24 hours a day. I would like to think that I could be one the young and unemployed sitting there on their computers and phones, typing and texting and tweeting and all other such bullshit every day of the week but I just don't have the time.

I need to spend more time on these subjects and I will when things are dark outside and I am in for the evening, but for now here are three things to ponder.

1. Have you ever looked in the toilet (or terlet as Archie Bunker called it) when you were sick and wondered to yourself just what the fuck it was you ate that could possibly have come out at that velocity and in that consistency? I know you have whether you will admit or not and I can freely say that I have because I just came from the bathroom. I hope I remembered to wash my four typing fingers.

2. It seems that people are finally waking up to the nightmare of possible socialized medicine. A famous quote reads something like this: "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free." Couldn't agree more.

3. The gay van is finally gone. We traded it in for a new Subaru Outback and I haven't been happier with a vehicle purchase in a very long time. I am actually looking forward to having some snow so Mrs. Moore can see how well the AWD with vehicle dynamic control and traction control all work to make the car go forward and not just sit and spin like that fucking van did. The best part is that I took advantage of the 'Cash for Clunkers' program which is hilarious because I do not support programs like this at all but I am not so much of an idealist that I was going to turn down a rebate of $4500.00 from the president. Now I say, "I sold my van to a black guy for $4500 bucks" in my best Earl Scheib voice. If you don't know who Earl Scheib is than you need to look him up just so you can see who I am imitating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjdHaMeiiQ

Anyway, more later but it is another rare and beautiful day and since I worked nights last night I should take advantage of what is left of the afternoon and go do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment