Sunday, August 9, 2009

I hab a code.

I have a cold. One of those rare summertime head colds that seem to especially kick your ass. Maybe it's just because the weather is so nice out and yet I still feel like I am freezing that makes this cold seem worse than most others.

Last night I took a couple of NyQuil liquicaps and then drank a twisted tea and damn if I didn't still have a bitch of a time falling asleep. I could handle all of the aspects of any cold if I could just get rid of the runny nose and be able to fucking breathe. I could take feeling like my head has been run over by a damn steam roller and the congestion in my chest if I could just breathe through my damn nose. I have trouble breathing through my nose even on the best of days; which I believe is the result of an unfortunate diving accident at a campground when I was just a kid. I hit the bottom of the pool where it slopes from the shallow end to the deep end face first. That was a lesson in making sure you keep your hands in front of you when you dive in a pool and you happen to be as blind as a bat. Anyway, since then I have always had trouble breathing through my nose and when I get a cold it is just about unbearable.

I am listening to Britney Spears and even though I think she is largely a waste I will say that she has the ability to put hit songs on the radio that are catchy and hot. Ooh, Amy Winehouse just came on and holy shit if she doesn't make Britney seem like an innocent little kid with all her antics. What a waste of unique talent. I guess I will have to listen to Adele if I want to hear someone who sounds like Winehouse but doesn't seem to be all fucked up in the head.

I washed the car this morning despite feeling the way I do. Maybe I did it in spite of the way I feel. What I need to do is get over to the sawmill and saw some more lumber but I just don't think I am up to that task today. I think I will lay down for a little while and see how I feel when I get up. I am guessing that today will find me taking care of some firewood and the lumber mill will have to wait until tomorrow.

I want to buy a wood splitter. I am tired of renting and/or borrowing from friends and would like to have my own finally. Especially considering the fact that I cut and split so much wood every years and want to expand this into another business if I can. The splitter I am thinking about is called a Power Horse and is made my Northern Tool and it splits in both directions which would make the work a lot faster for me. This year I am looking to handle the wood at least one less time and that will involve cutting, and splitting as I go and throwing the wood in the back of the truck to be put in the cellar. That would beat cutting and throwing it and then splitting it and throwing it and then putting it in the truck and finally the basement. Ideally I want to buy a processor but I think that is going to have to wait a few more years until I get the sawmill paid for. The problem that I am having now is trying to find enough time in between the rain and work to get all these things done that I am thinking about. It would be easy if it was my only job but of course it isn't and I am not in a position to give up my real job for.

Okay, time to go lay down and wish that the end would hurry the fuck up and get here already. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment