Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Your word is Loser.

Can someone please tell me what it is about spelling bees that brings out the nerdiest kids on the planet? I have nothing against spelling bees or the fact that most of the winners over the past few years have all been home schooled and have all the social interaction skills of your average low land gorilla, but seriously...


What in hell do spelling bees prove anyway? Do they prove how smart someone is because they have spent hundreds of hours scouring the dictionary and learning what the root origins of lots of obscure words are? Perhaps, but does that make your average spelling bee winner any more capable in life? Not likely. Some of these kids couldn't get laid in a whorehouse on red tag day with a fistful of fifties but at least they all know how to spell prostitute.

Some good words for these kids to learn in the great spelling bee of life might be words like ass-kicking (as in, ' I got a hell of an ass-kicking after I left the spelling bee rally last night.'), masturbation (as in, 'I've never even kissed a girl besides my mom so I guess I will have to stick to masturbation'.), or sucks (as in, 'My life really sucks.'). I added the 'as ins' in case people wanted to have their words put in a sentence.

By the way, how old do you think the poor bastard in the above photo is? The guy that looks like a 25 year old virgin, who's possibly a pedophile, that just crawled out of his mother's basement. That kid's only 13 if you can believe it. Not only are most of these kids nerds to start with which is okay in itself, because a lot of us have had at least one nerdy spell in our lives myself included, but come on. First, he hasn't had a haircut in what looks like 6 years and then they drape him with a billboard sign that makes him look like he's posing for a mug shot after robbing an all night liquor store. Then they put the mic 6 inches shorter than it should be so poor Quasimodo here has to hunch over just to ask what the origin is for the word schlep.

Parents, be proud of your children and encourage them to do their best in life because, as parents, that's pretty much your job. However, it's also your job to keep them from doing things that could get them hurt and I think spelling bees fall into that category.

No comments:

Post a Comment