Friday, July 10, 2009

The running of the mentally deficient

A man was gored to death today at the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. It seems that a bull became separated from the crowd and the experts of bull running call this a rogue bull. (That almost matches my pen name here by the way.) A rogue bull is more dangerous, according to rogue bull experts, and more likely to charge people than when running in the pack.

I don't know about you but I like to think that any bull that weighs 1,300 pounds, has 18 inch horns, and a bad attitude to boot is more dangerous and more likely to charge people whether it is a rogue bull or not. It's my fight or flight instinct kicking in. In other words I can't see placing myself in front of a herd of charging bulls on purpose. That seems like the shit you dream about when you've had too much cheap wine to drink. The only difference being is that in the dream you'd be running with the bulls in your underwear.

It's unfortunate that someone died today but it drives home Darwin's theory of evolution. It's not only the survival of the fittest but sometimes the smartest as well. There is a phrase that goes something like, 'Strong like bull, smart like rock'. Well, when you're smart like rock but not strong like bull, and you decide to put yourself in the middle of a herd of really pissed off bulls...what do you expect?

How do you preside over that funeral if you're the minister? How do you not call the man a fucking moron for running with the bulls. There are tons of ways to die that don't involve getting trampled and stabbed by a pissed off cow with huge pointy horns; I just don't see the point. See the point, get it? I kill me.

What really matters is that these people keep doing what they are doing to reduce their carbon footprint on the planet by fucking dying. The problem is the moron replenishment rate is far higher than the mortality rate.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN BROTHER!!!!

    I just don't see the point. See the point, get it? I kill me.
    FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete